Blocked tee branch is causing blocked pipline

Adam Langley linux at irisdesign.co.nz
Tue Sep 22 14:47:08 PDT 2015

Hi,

This has to be a simple fix... hopefully
I am using a tee, so as to capture a camera stream to disk, and deliver it
to a named pipe at the same time.
The named pipe (linux fifo) will block until it is read by it's consumer,
but I need the gstreamer pipeline to still save the stream uninterrupted
even when the pipe is blocked.
I have used queues after the tee outputs, as per documentation, but
whenever I start my pipeline, it just goes paused, and never runs (until I
read from the named pipe of course).

What am I missing?

gst-launch-1.0 uvch264src device=/dev/video0 name=src auto-start=true
src.vidsrc \
                    ! queue \
                    ! video/x-h264,width=1280,height=720,framerate=24/1 \
                    ! omxh264dec \
                    ! omxh264enc target-bitrate=850000
control-rate=variable name=encoder ! tee name=t t. ! queue \
                    ! video/x-h264,profile=high \
                    ! h264parse ! flvmux ! rtmpsink
location=rtmp://HOST:1935/live async=false t. ! queue leaky=1 ! filesink
location=/var/ramdisk/fifo.h264