Qt-Gstreamer on I.MX6 fails to start.

sriraman sri_ravi04 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 24 07:05:35 PDT 2015

Hi ,
I know its a very old post now, i was wondering if you could help me out
playing hardware accelerated video using c++ player.

I have installed qtgstreamer, the player application searches for pipeline
using watchpipeline function, and by default it is selecting video sink as
imxeglvivsink instead of qt5videosink. i tried specifying the video-sink
property of playbin to qt5videosink. but there was a general stream error
and no video. then i tried appending video-sink as follows :

pipeline-setProperty("video-sink",fromdescription("imximpuvideotransform !
qt5videosink");
audio is playing fine but i cannot see any video. I have not changed
anything else in the player example.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Heaps!

Regards