Blocked tee branch is causing blocked pipline

Adam Langley linux at irisdesign.co.nz
Sun Sep 27 14:52:32 PDT 2015

Hi Sebastian,

I have done some more testing, unfortunately still with the same results.
This is my simple test case - I've switched it to use the videotestsrc and
software encoder - with the same results:

mkfifo fifo.h264

gst-launch-1.0 --gst-debug=4 videotestsrc name=src !
video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720,framerate=24/1 \
                    ! x264enc ! tee name=t t. ! queue \
                    ! video/x-h264,profile=high \
                    ! h264parse ! flvmux ! filesink location=test.flv \
                      t. ! queue max-size-buffers=0 ! filesink
location=fifo.h264

The logging output last line does say:

GST_STATES gstbin.c:2227:gst_bin_element_set_state:<filesink1> current NULL
pending VOID_PENDING, desired next READY

I don't really know what to make of that however.

If I drop the last line off (the "t. ! queu.....") then it runs immediately.

Regards,

Adam

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:17 PM, Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com