Playback audio on Mac OS X

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Sep 29 01:32:02 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-09-28 at 18:02 -0700, doon wrote:

> I am trying to play mp3 audio using this pipeline:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location="/Users/Zhenya/Downloads/test.mp3" !
> mad !
> audioconvert ! autoaudiosink

While this might work, it's not a proper pipeline, you should have a
parser (mpegaudioparse) between filesrc and the decoder (mad).

You may also need an audioresample in front of the audio sink.

Or even better, just do:

 gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.mp3 ! decodebin ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! autoaudiosink

or

 gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file:///path/to/test.mp3 !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! autoaudiosink

or

 gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///path/to/test.mp3

> streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)

This indicates something is wrong with format negotiation. Could be
missing audioresample before sink if the sink only accepts one sample
rate, but the file is another. Try the playbin pipeline to see if that
works.

> Identical pipeline works fine on Windows 7 with the same audio. *How
> I can
> resolve this issue on Mac OS X Mavericks?
> *

Cheers
 -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference: 8-9 October 2015 in Dublin, Ireland