Rewrite of DVB related elements

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Apr 1 08:22:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-03-29 at 18:25 -0300, Thiago Sousa Santos wrote:
> […]
> FWIW I have a version of dvbsrc that is able to parse v5 files using
> GKeyFile. Code is at
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~thiagoss/gst-plugins-bad/log/?h=dvb-v5-
> file in
> case it could be helpful.
>
> Perhaps some of it can help you. I was going to propose merging it
> upstream but it is better to settle on a plan here for the future of
> our
> DVB implementation before adding more small features.

Reading, and writing, DVBv5 format files, is clearly crucial. I will
take a look at your code, thanks for pointing it out.

However there is something even more crucial about rewriting dvbsrc and
that is the change in the Linux DVB API: basically dvbsrc needs a total
rewrite, much of it replicating code that is already in libdvbv5.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk