intervideosink/src caps

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Apr 4 09:48:49 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-01 at 16:30 +0200, Hoel Vasseur wrote:

Hi,

> I am using the plugins intervideosink and intervideosrc. But I was
> wondering why are the pads' capabilities restricted to RAW videos?

The sink/source elements are decoupled in terms of data flow - the
source produces output at a framerate that's not necessarily the
framerate at which data arrives at the sink. This means frames may get
duplicated or dropped, and this only works with raw video. It could
also work with I-frame only streams such as JPEG. For anything else you
probably want some other elements.

 Cheers
  -Tim