QGst::Bin::FromDescription fails with no element error

xargon daga_pankaj at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 15:51:43 UTC 2016

I have a gstreamer pipeline as follows, which works completely fine:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src=/dev/video0 ! videoscale !  video/x-raw, width=480,
height=270 ! xvimagesink -e

I am trying to create the video source part using the QtGStreamer pipeline
as follows:

QGst::ElementPtr src = QGst::Bin::fromDescription("v4l2src=/dev/video0 !
videoscale !  video/x-raw, width=480, height=270");

However, this fails with no element "video" error. I have a feeling this is
happening due to the "video/x-raw". I tried putting everything in escaped
quotes but that did not help either.