appsink python memory leak?? unref call on sample?

Turmel, Frederic Frederic.Turmel at arris.com
Tue Apr 12 02:59:02 UTC 2016

Hi, I'm observing a slow memory leak with the app sink in python. I'm using appsink to receive raw video frame from a decodebin.

In the C API I see that we need to call "gst_sample_unref(sample)" after reading the sample

Is there an equivalent in python?

The leak does not seems to be cause by a frame buffer leak since the leak is really small and a frame leak would be much bigger than what I'm seeing.

Pipeline is udpsrc->tsdemux->decodebin->appsink

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks
FredT