Porting DC1394 plugin to 1.x

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Apr 13 07:36:13 UTC 2016

On Di, 2016-04-12 at 10:22 +0000, Ryan Talbot wrote:

> (gst-launch-1.0:21468): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
> gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion 'segment->format == format'
> failed

This probably means that your source does not produce a segment in TIME
format, it should.

Also for mp4mux, use the -e switch on gst-launch-1.0 to make sure it
has the opportunity to finalize the file. Without you will only get
broken files.

> I've turned debugging on in the various modules, but nothing is
> jumping out at me as being the problem.
>
> I would love any insight as to where to go from here.

The best would be if you could file a bug with your porting patch, and
then we can get it reviewed there and integrated once everything's
looking good :) Thanks!

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer