Echo cancel when streaming voice full-duplex using gstreamer!

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:38:29 UTC 2016

Le mercredi 13 avril 2016 à 20:34 -0700, haonc a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
> I'm facing with a big problem when streaming voice full-duplex
> between two
> devices using gstreamer. It's too much noise and echo. Anyone has any
> idea
> for cancel echo with gstreamer? Does gstreamer support element to
> cancel
> echo? I'm using gstreamer version 0.10.32.
> Thanks for your reading !

Echo-cancelling is a feature usually provided by your audio deamon. As
an example, on Linux this is part of pulseaudio. You can enabled echo-
cancelling feature on pipeline with stream-properties.

gst-launch-1.0 pulsesrc stream-properties=props,filter.want=echo-cancel ! pulsesink stream-properties=props,want=echo-cancel

I doubt this was ever supported 6 years ago (0.10.32 is very old). The
0.10 ABI has been abandoned now, and is no longer updated. You also
need a recent enough version of the pulseaudio daemon.

Nicolas