Sharing timestamps with external applications

Ryan Talbot rtalbot at vtti.vt.edu
Sat Apr 16 11:43:09 UTC 2016

Thanks for the link!  That might be more heavyweight than what I need, though (especially given the notes about having to memcpy buffers... definitely trying to avoid that as much as possible!).  Right now, I've got a very simple plugin derived from GstBaseTransform that works in passthrough mode, using the *_transform_ip() function to sniff out timestamps and offsets and write them out to a FIFO.  I'm debating how badly we really need multiple simultaneous subscribers to the information... because if it's 1:1 I'll probably stick with a non-blocking named pipe and forgo the extra hassle of a UNIX socket.