gstreamer recording to file problem

xargon daga_pankaj at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 04:53:15 UTC 2016

I have a gstreamer pipeline which works perfectly and takes a camera stream,
encodes it as H.264 video, saves it to a file AND displays it on the screen
as follows:

gst-launch-1.0 -v autovideosrc ! tee name = t ! queue ! omxh264enc !
'video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)byte-stream' ! h264parse ! qtmux !
filesink location=test.mp4 t. ! queue ! videoscale ! video/x-raw,
width=480,height=270 ! xvimagesink -e sync=false

Now, I am trying to do something even simple and just record the stream to a
file (without displaying on screen) and this does not seem to work! It
writes a file but the file is unplayable. What I have tried so far is:

gst-launch-1.0 -v autovideosrc ! queue ! omxh264enc ! 'video/x-h264,
stream-format=(string)byte-stream' ! h264parse ! qtmux ! filesink
location=test.mp4 sync=false

I can also remove the queue element but with the same result:

gst-launch-1.0 -v autovideosrc ! omxh264enc ! 'video/x-h264,
stream-format=(string)byte-stream' ! h264parse ! qtmux ! filesink
location=test.mp4 sync=false

They do not output any errors but just does not write a valid stream to my
filesink, it seems.