RTSP Latency

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Apr 19 06:12:01 UTC 2016

On Mo, 2016-04-18 at 00:51 -0700, cowprod wrote:
> For my information where do you see the use of vtdec in the log file
> ?

Just search for the string "vtdec" :)

> I'm going to make ne logs with for exemple 200ms and try to
> understand if there is an impact on real latency or not.

Basically check the logs for the word "latency". Somewhere the pipeline
is doing a latency query and then collecting the latencies of each
branch of the pipeline and then configuring a latency with the latency
event.
That's the part you'll have to look at, you can see how much latency
each part of the pipeline claims to introduce there.