overlay an image on a live webcam captured video stream

swamip82 swami.kmb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 06:03:42 UTC 2016

Hello,
I want to compose a video with raw video input from webcam and an logo
stored in my PC and encode the composed video with h264 encoder and stream
it over the network.
I tried with video mixer,but couldn't make it work with real video source
(v4l2 device).It works only with "videotestsrc"

gst-launch-1.0 -v videomixer name=mix ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink
multifilesrc location="logo.png" caps="image/png,framerate=0/1" ! pngdec !
imagefreeze ! alpha method=0 alpha=0.5 ! mix. videotestsrc !
"video/x-raw,format=AYUV,framerate=25/1,width=640,height=480" ! mix.

If I replace videotestsrc with v4l2src,I am getting error: couldn't link
v4l2src to mix.

Any help would be appreciated.