Re: Errors on secured GstRtspServer with prococols” GST_RTSP_LOWER_TRANS_TCP

marc lievens mark.lievens at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:58:38 UTC 2016

Hi Sebastian,

Sorry for the many questions, but I really new in this security matter.

if I understand correctly, then since in server the certificate is
specified and since also profile GST_RTSP_PROFILE_SAVP or
GST_RTSP_PROFILE_SAVPF is set

When used via tcp  rtsp message and video is secured
When used via Udp the rtsp message and video is secured

But when  I change profile to GST_RTSP_PROFILE_AVP or GST_RTSP_PROFILE_AVPF

When used via tcp  rtsp message and video is secured sine certificate is
still specified
When used via Udp the rtsp message are and video is not secured

Is there some more info about this issue in gstreamer or some examples
I will also take a more in depth look at the rtc5124 specifications and
,.....

Thank for your help and patience