RTP streaming with SAP

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Apr 25 10:30:06 UTC 2016

On Mo, 2016-04-25 at 00:07 -0700, manuk wrote:
> Hello gstreamer team!
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to stream in using the SAP
> Session protocol RFC 2974  (not from RTSP) with gstreamer lib and
> plugins.

There is not, but implementing handling for SAP is relatively simple...
and you can then pass the SDP you receive via SAP to sdpsrc or sdpdemux
and it will give you the underlying RTP stream(s).

I have some unpolished Android application for that lying around
somewhere, if you're interested I can put that up somewhere for
reference. It does the SAP part in Java and the playback with
GStreamer.