H265 encoding in GStreamer

Javier Cubelos javiercubelos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:52:38 UTC 2016

Good afternoon. I'm developing a prototype of a streaming service with
gstreamer.

I have an rtp stream as an input that I'm reading with the 'rtpvrawdepay'
command and then, encoding it to h264 with the h264 encoder ('x264enc') and
streaming it again through rtp with 'rtph264pay' (to use it with another
application).

I succeded to do what I tell you in the last paragraph, but now, I'm trying
to do it encoding it to h265. Does gstreamer have support for encoding to
h265? I don't find anything about it. I just tried with the vaapi encoder
(vaapih265enc) but then my system stop working.

Am I missing something? Do you think that Gstreamer will enable to encode
to h265 soon? Do you know about another h265 encoder that I could integrate
with gstreamer?

Thanks in advance for your help.