decodebin - static linking of decoder and sink

Ash 20001 ash20001 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 08:11:40 UTC 2016

Hello everyone!I have a pipeline currently using appsrc ! decodebin ! xvimagesink, which processes Raw H264 frames. Problem is I have to feed in at least 2 frames of H264 buffers to appsrc before decodebin will emit its pad-added signal and link the pads between the decoder (which is a HW decoder element) and the xvimagesink.
1. Is there anyway to statically link the decoder and xvimagesink pads ahead of time so I don't have to wait for 2 frames before it is done?2. Or is there an alternative to minimize the 2 frame latency? Ideally I want to push 1 frame and have that render via xvimagesink immediately.