White frames with v4l2 source & GstGLUploadElement

Gottfried Haider gottfried.haider at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:58:30 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am trying to make an application [1] that uses GStreamer's GL API in
a very similar way to the testegl.c [2] example work with v4l2
sources, but I am only getting white frames.

The code previously had a playbin with uri=file:///..., which worked.
Now I am trying uri=v4l2:///dev/video0, which points to a webcam.

Running "gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=v4l2:///dev/video0" in the
terminal also works, and shows reasonable images from the camera.

Is there anything obvious that I am missing here? (I see the format is
YUY2 all the way to the end of the pipeline, is this perhaps what
needs changing?)

I uploaded a DOT file [3], as well as the debug output [4] when using
the webcam. The same for playing back a regular H.264 encoded video
file as well [5].

Thanks for any leads!

Best
Gottfried