Audio video muxing issue

pzymen simon.nilsson at videocent.com
Fri Apr 29 07:15:33 UTC 2016

I have found the solution and figured I would share it here for future
reference.

I noticed that the HLS stream with video only wouldn't play on apple devices
and after some time figured out that the problem was that the h264 data was
missing AU NAL Headers. By manualy prefixing each data frame with an
AU-delimiter before pushing to appsrc I was able to get the stream working
on apple devices. And after this the audio just started working.

// Data to add before every frame
static const char au_delim[] = {
	0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01,  /* nal prefix */
	0x09,  /* nal_unit_type = access unit delimiter */
	(char)0xf0   /* allow any slice type */
};