question how to add own customized element between source element and decodebin2 element when using playbin2

lucky chou shakin at outlook.com
Tue Aug 2 02:56:58 UTC 2016

> > I'm also not sure if inserting a queue element right after the udp
> > source is the right way to catch my problems with udp streaming. The
> > actual problem I'm having is corrupted sound on playing a raw udp
> > stream containing a transport stream consisting of H264 video and MPEG
> > 1 layer 2 audio. The image is fine but the sound starts crackling
> > after a while until it sometimes disappears completely until it plays
> > fine again and repeats this in a cycle of 60 seconds.

I use gstreamer 1.8.2,and I have the same problem.
Finally, do you have any solution to this problem?

> > As there is no buffering for live sources in playbin2, I'm suspecting
> > this to be a problem. Why is there no facility in playbin2 to delay
> > playback of a udp stream a bit to buffer it and handle possible packet
> > delays?
I think it's not enough to just change the buffer-size of udpsrc,
As we known, buffer-size is only to modify the kernel io's restrictions, in
many platforms, this value is limited, generally about 100K is the upper
limit.
The “buffer-size” property is used to change the default kernel buffersizes
used for receiving packets. The buffer size may be increased for high-volume
connections, or may be decreased to limit the possible backlog of incoming
data. The system places an absolute limit on these values, on Linux, for
example, the default buffer size is typically 50K and can be increased to
maximally 100K.

I think 100K should be not enough in case of  high bitrate or  HD stream.