How to record pipeline even if sender doesn't send data

fthfth forummailreader at yandex.com
Mon Aug 1 08:12:12 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I'm a newbie to gstreamer so i would be appreciated if you could help me.

I'm trying to listen to a pipeline and record frames to a file. I have tried
the following pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5600 do-timestamp=true ! application/x-rtp,
payload=96 !  rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! clockoverlay ! jpegenc ! avimux !
filesink location=stream.avi

I want to record whole timeline even if sender doesn't provide any frame
data. In default, recorder appends the frames when pipeline receive some
valid frames. But i want to see some black frames when sender doesn't send
data.