hlssink directly split mpeg2TS files to support HLS not work

lucky chou shakin at outlook.com
Mon Aug 8 05:13:22 UTC 2016

Hi,I'm working  with 1.82, use UDP to accept the mpegts stream,and I
tried to use the following way to produce hls's TS segment, but it doesn't
seem to work properly.
There is only one 00000.ts, and did not generate m3u8 file.
note:input  mpeg2ts(h264+aac)
---------------
gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc uri=udp://10.9.44.208:1234 !  hlssink  max-files=6
target-duration=6
---------------

When I use the following pipeline,It's  OK.
--------------
gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=udp://10.9.44.208:1234 name=decbin !
queue ! videoconvert ! x264enc ! mpegtsmux name=muxer ! hlssink
max-files=6  target-duration=6
I know second  pipeline did a lot of redundant work and  reduced
performance,
decoding aac/h264, re encoding, remux to mpegts, and then segment ....

I know the input is mpeg2ts (h264+aac), there is a way to directly use
hlssink
segment to HLS and without re encoding it?

Could please help me.
Thanks :)