streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)

pavan pavan.itsme at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 13:58:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

   I tried compiling and installing gstreamer 1.4.0 gst-plugins-base 1.4.0
gst-plugins-good 1.4.0 on my raspberry pi B and tried to start gstreamer
with the following simple pipeline.

                   gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! autovideosink.

but im getting error as v4l2src0: internal dataflow error
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4).

and the launch process in getting terminated.

I have tried the same command many times earlier, both on my pc and
raspberry pi but never faced this problem. Please provide me a solution to
rectify this.