GStreamer custom plugin use in Android

Akon amwork at zoho.com
Thu Aug 11 07:33:37 UTC 2016

Hi there,

First of all my delight for GStreamer. Great project!

I developed a GStreamer 1.0 plugin which works fine in Windows/Linux and
some other systems. Now I want to cover Android. Currently, the plugin is
not integrated into GStreamer in sense that it is not built with
GStreamer/Cerbero, but it is built separately using GStreamer official
binaries (devel) resulting *.so or *.a file.

How can I use the plugin in an Android app? I don't consider direct
inclusion of the plugin sources into the app, but through prebuilt
static/shared lib.

I think a way when my plugin will be used as a separate lib (shared or
static) will not work, due to there will be e.g. two glib instances (one
from GStreamer (there all libs are static) and one from the plugin), so
g_malloc()/g_free() will fail (there will be two heaps).

At the moment I'm considering integration of my plugin to
gstreamer-android.so prebuilt lib (see GStreamer Tutorials for Android)
that is generated by GStreamer's ndk-built scripts. How can I do it with?

Thanks in advance.