Server CPU for h.264 encoding

rsilagi rsilagi at bms-inc.com
Fri Aug 12 22:29:58 UTC 2016

Hi Pablo,
I have been using the Nvidia TK1 and TX1 development boards they run Ubuntu
14.04.  These are quad core A-15's or quad core A-57 CPU.  They have a
dedicated Video encoder/decoder.  They don't use the GPU for video.  I don't
know what a E3-1275 is, Emachines?? I don't know of any GPU's used for
video.  However, I know very little about GPU, so someone could have put the
GPU to that use.  I would get hardware designed to do video.   Just my
limited experience.

Good Luck,
Randy S.