gst-editor updated for Gtk+ 3, GStreamer 1.0 support in progress

Robin Haberkorn haberkorn at metratec.com
Sat Aug 13 01:23:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

the gst-editor fork will now load and save pipelines again. This is
based on a serialisation to the GstParse/gst-launch syntax.

It can either save plain pipelines (or copy them to the clipboard)
that can e.g. be directly pasted into a terminal for execution with
`gst-launch`; or you can save pipelines in the special *.GEP
(Gst-Editor Pipeline) format which is basically a plain pipeline with
some meta data for node positioning, wrapped in a GKeyFile. GKeyFiles
are used because they provide just enough structure, are easy to read
and are already part of glib.

The serialization code is here:
https://github.com/metratec/gst-editor/blob/master/libs/gst/common/gste-serialize.c

I deliberately kept this generic, so it can be easily copied/ported
into other applications. External applications may also choose to depend
on the libgsteditor library in order to gain serialization support.

Ghost pads are probably still broken -- I do not need them now.

Currently, you can only load pipelines from *.GEP files. However, I'm
planning to implement loading from plain pipelines as well.
Naturally this will require some automagic positioning of the pipeline
nodes. A useful feature in a graph editor anyway.

Best regards,
Robin

--
Robin Haberkorn