how to stop stdout when creating srtpenc/srtpdec

Andres Gonzalez andres.agoralabs at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 23:35:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

When I create srtpenc and srtpdec elements using gst_element_factory_make()
WITHOUT adding them to any bin, I get the following stdout:

testing rand_source...passed
cipher: AES-256 GCM using openssl
  instance count: 0
  self-test: passed
cipher: AES-128 GCM using openssl
  instance count: 0
  self-test: passed
cipher: AES-128 counter mode using openssl
  instance count: 0
  self-test: passed
cipher: null cipher
  instance count: 0
  self-test: passed
auth func: hmac sha-1 authentication function
  instance count: 0
  self-test: passed
auth func: null authentication function
  instance count: 0
  self-test: passed
debug modules loaded:
  srtp (off)
  hmac sha-1 openssl (off)
  aes gcm (off)
  aes icm ossl (off)
  alloc (off)
  stat test (off)
  cipher (off)
  auth func (off)
  crypto kernel (off)

Question: what is causing this and how do I stop it?
Question: this appears that it might be useful in debugging, and if so, how
do I control it and use it in a useful way?

Thanks,
-Andres