How to send EOS in plugin?

killerrats koreysjunkmail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:26:49 UTC 2016

I'm rewriting the filesink to overwrite the file bytes. The plugin gets to
the end of file but I want to send EOS in the plugin instead of my main
program.

example

gst-launch-1.0 -e rtspsrc protocols=4 location=[SOURCE] name=source !
rtph264depay name=vdepay ! h264parse ! avimux name=mux ! overwritefilesink
location=[FILENAME] name=EOfSinkName source. ! rtpmp4gdepay name=adepay !
aacparse ! mux.

int main()
{
    //to EOS
    GstElement* source =
gst_bin_get_by_name(GST_BIN(_videoD.srcPipeline),"EOfSinkName");
    gst_bus_post(_videoD.bus,gst_message_new_eos(GST_OBJECT(source)));
}

Above is and example of how to do that through the main program. I want to
use the overwritefilesink plugin to send the eos through the pipeline.

Is that even Possible?

gstoverwritefilesink.cpp
<http://www.planetkorey.com/tmp/gstoverwritefilesink.cpp>  <br/>
gstoverwritefilesink.h