question/request

popot.org info at popot.org
Wed Aug 17 08:41:41 UTC 2016

Hi GStreamer folks,

I would like this:

----------
#include <gst/gst.h>
#include <glib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>

int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
	int iID;
	int iLoop;

	gst_init (&argc, &argv);

	printf ("Let's play some music.\n");

	iID = gst_play_file_non_blocking ("ogg/song.ogg", GST_NO_LOOP);

	for (iLoop = 1; iLoop <= 100; iLoop++)
	{
		sleep (1);
		printf ("Music is playing while this"
			" increases: %i\n", iLoop);
	}

	gst_stop_by_id (iID); /*** Stop audio with ID iID. ***/
	gst_stop_all(); /*** Or simply stop all audio. ***/

	printf ("Done.\n");

	return 0;
}
----------

What is the absolute easiest way to accomplish this?

I know it seems like I'm asking you to do my work. I am. :) The reason
I use frameworks and libraries is to make things easy for myself.

This hello world code is already pretty extensive:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-helloworld.html

And I don't want to read about threads just to play some sounds effects
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/section-threads-status.html

Is there, like, a super easy example how to just play sound effects or
music in a non-blocking(!) way?

Maybe GStreamer is not suitable for me?

Awaiting your reply,

Best regards,