high bitrate udp buffer drop

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 15:07:47 UTC 2016

This has come up a few times.

See
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2016-January/056169.html
and other entries in the mailing list.

Setting net.core.rmem_max to a high enough value (this is system wide)
appear sometimes to work better than setting 'buffer-size' for the udpsrc
element. It sould be the same, but I have sometimes seen it was not. Maybe
the GStreamer folks have an explanation. Just test both solution an use
whatever works for you.

Peter MM