GstGLMemoryEGL does not support copy on the RPI3

Patrick Fü pat.fuerst at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 08:44:44 UTC 2016

Hey all,

When running the latest gstreamer , compiled from source on the Rasberry Pi
3 with the pipeline  "gst-launch-1.0  playbin
uri=file:///home/pi//test.mp4", I get the following error.

                     ERROR               glmemory
gstglmemoryegl.c:190:_gl_mem_copy: GstGLMemoryEGL does not support copy

The error appears right before the file ends and EOS is send.
Is this a known bug ? Couldn't find a bug report for this.

Also I'm not sure how this error influences the player. Using my own
pipeline and looping a video it plays fine despite the error on every EOS.

Cheer,
Patrick