gst-plugins-bad-1.8.3 can't see cuda-7.5

LC lienes.cirules at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:38:08 UTC 2016

Hello!

I am trying to get nvenc of bad plugin set, but in order to get this, i have
to setup cuda so that gstreamer can find it.

My current setup is:
ubuntu 16.04,
Gstreamer 1.8.3,
cuda-7.5 (as a .deb pkg),
nvidia driver 367.44
pkg_config_path:
/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig.

After .configure it reports: *** Plug-ins with dependencies that will NOT be
built: nvenc, ...
In config.log : Package cudart-7.5 was not found in the pkg-config search
path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `cudart-7.5.pc'
No package 'cudart-7.5' found.

So i did set on PKG_CONFIG_PATH to see /usr/local/cuda-7.5/pkgconfig/. But
no result. The same scenario on cuda.8-0 and the same fail. With 8.0 is even
worse because configure.ac does not include cuda-8.0 in PKG_CHECK_MODULES.

Any help, please. I have no more ideas. What can I do or  check, or setup or
test ?

Thanks!