omx camera save single frame

kangwang kangwang.kw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 19:11:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

I try to access the omx camera on my robot, the robot runs Linux 12.04 and
gstreamer-0.10.

Currently I can access the camera and display the video on the screen using:
DISPLAY=:0 sudo gst-launch -e omx_camera name=cam cam.src ! autovideosink

But I want to keep saving the current frame onto local disk. After searching
for some solutions, I end up with the following command:
 sudo gst-launch  omx_camera num-buffers=1 ! ffmpegcolorspace  ! jpegenc !
filesink location=capture2.jpg

Someone had used this command and successfully save a single frame using
v4l2camsrc camera, but
I got the following error using omx_camera. So I guess the omx_camera might
require other elements.

*ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstOmxCamera:omxcamera0:
Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2625): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstOmxCamera:omxcamera0:
streaming task paused, reason not-linked (-1)
Execution ended after 410400390 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...*

Has anyone got an idea how to solve with omx_camera, thanks a lot.