How to read array of strings from GstStructure during caps negotiation?

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 11:05:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

When my allowed caps in aac encoder has array of stream-formats i.e.,
stream-format={raw,adts},  gst_structure_get_string() returns NULL

But when it is a scalar i.e,
stream-format={raw} it returns non NULL

My question is how to read array of strings in GstStructure? I see a bug in
faac encoder due to this in following lines
    if ((str = gst_structure_get_string (s, "stream-format"))) {
      if (strcmp (str, "adts") == 0) {
        GST_DEBUG_OBJECT (faac, "use ADTS format for output");
        faac->outputformat = 1;
      } else if (strcmp (str, "raw") == 0) {
        GST_DEBUG_OBJECT (faac, "use RAW format for output");
        faac->outputformat = 0;
      } else {
        GST_DEBUG_OBJECT (faac, "unknown stream-format: %s", str);
        faac->outputformat = 0;
      }
    }