Use input-selector with filesrc elements on input

Petr ptahal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:33:10 UTC 2016

Hi,
I would like to be able (in a program written in C) to switch between two
different MP4 videos
using input-selector and send the output it to RTMP. Switching would be
triggered by a user action.

I can start the first video, I can see it, but after an attempt to switch to
the other source the stream
ends (looks like it reached the end of the file). I am trying to use just
"active-pad" property to switch.
Using this method I can select the source before the start but not after
playing is started.

I found some old posts (2010), people were not able to make it working
(using Gstreamer 0.10),
for instance
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Switching-two-video-sources-with-input-selector-td2966941.html#a2969452

I am using GStreamer 1.8.2. Can anybody confirm/regret it should work? Or
maybe even give some
direction how to achieve the described scenario?

Thank you, Petr

P.S. I am not posting any details now, I would just like to know it is
possible,
maybe to get some sample.