Video processing(record\play) real time from camera with metadata

Mikl michael.yarochkin at timetronics.be
Wed Aug 31 08:16:40 UTC 2016

Hello

I am new in GStreamer and image processing. Sorry for stupid questions.

Currently, i am developing commercial application for recording video stream
from IP camera in real time.
Also i need to add information to some of the frames. It will be like image
metadata. For example, time of capturing, location, comment,... And of
course i need to be able to read it later. As i understand, i need to use
subtitles or it is another way exist? But in any way want to keep it inside
of video file.

I already tried OpenCV. Not really happy with it because of codecs selection
and no way to work with subtitles. You can find my questions here.
http://answers.opencv.org/question/100967/codecs-list/
http://answers.opencv.org/question/101044/add-subtitles-to-video/

Can you help me please to find a way to do it in GStreamer. Or it is a wrong
tool for my task?

Thank you.