audio from microphone to aac file is not working

pumba timonoffice100 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:46:29 UTC 2016

I've tried to create an .aac audio file using gstreamer. Here's my code for
it:
gst-launch-1.0 autoaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! voaacenc ! filesink
location=file.aac

It does creates a file with that name, but that file is not playable.

when I replace the voaacenc element with lamemp3enc to create an mp3 file,
it works.

now, what should I do to create an .aac file from microphone input ?