Error playing VAAPI-encoded video

Giovanni 'ItachiSan' Santini itachi.sama.amaterasu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 15:02:02 UTC 2016

Good afternoon,
I found a pretty strange issue trying to use Totem, so GStreamer.

I tried to convert a video using ffmpeg with VA-API with these parameters:
ffmpeg -vaapi_device /dev/dri/renderD128 -hwaccel vaapi
-hwaccel_output_format vaapi -i in.mp4 -vf 'format=nv12|vaapi,hwupload'
-c:v h264_vaapi out.mp4

The video is converted without issues and plays perfectly with ffplay
and vlc.

However, Totem and GStreamer complains about the new video, saying that:

qtdemux.c(5520): gst_qtdemux_loop ():
/GstPlayBin:play/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated

Also, I attached a log with the output of:
GST_DEBUG_NO_COLOR=1 GST_DEBUG=*:2 totem out.mp4 2> totem-error.log

I also tried the command:
LANG=C gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///home/itachisan/Video/out.mp4
video-sink=cluttersink audio-filter=scaletempo 2> gst-launch_error.log

which gives me this output:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

and the error messages in the "gst-launch_error.log" file that I've
attached.

The videos I used are these ones:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4152736/GStreamerBug/in.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4152736/GStreamerBug/out.mp4

I can open an issue on Bugzilla if you think it is necessary. Thanks in
advance. :)

--
Giovanni Santini
My blog: http://giovannisantini.tk