state of meson upstreaming

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 01:54:50 UTC 2016

Hello!

On 01-Dec-2016 06:18, "Ehsan Azarnasab" <ehazar at microsoft.com> wrote:

> To build with MSVC should we use /centricular/meson or 0.35 in the
mesonbuild/meson has all the patches?

> I updated to meson in cerbero to 0.35 which is required by 1.10.2 and now
it is stuck at this:

I haven't had a chance to update everything yet. In theory you should be
able to use Meson upstream to build with MSVC (from inside Cerbero, and
otherwise too), but I'm sure there are some bugs still left.

I'll try to get to it soon but if this is urgent for you, you can try the
meson-1.8 branch for Cerbero on Centricular's GitHub which builds GStreamer
1.8 and should work.

Cheers,
Nirbheek

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File
"c:/Users/ehazar/cerbero/sources/windows_x86_64/gstreamer-1.0-1.10/gst/build_mkenum.py",
line 42, in <module>