can't stream webcam logitech c310

henryco fhenryco at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 5 15:56:07 UTC 2016

Yes! thank you

Without success i had tried the v4l2src supported formats UYVY and YVYU ,
because both seemed closer to
YUYV given by v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext for my cam...)

I don't know how you expected YUY2 to work better... but your format=YUY2
did allow the pipeline to execute and i was also able to stream this over
rtsp (the video received is all right) with this pipeline from my Pi

 gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! "video/x-raw, format=YUY2,
width=960,
height=720, framerate=(fraction)10/1" ! videoconvert ! queue ! omxh264enc !
queue
! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 config-interval=2 ! udpsink host=192.168.1.10
port=5001

(longer pipeline receiver side including caps=...)

So in principle the same should also work within a gst-rtsp command :

./test-launch "( v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw, format=YUY2,
width=960,
height=720, framerate=(fraction)10/1 ! videoconvert ! queue ! omxh264enc !
queue !
rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 config-interval=2 )"

But i'm not able to receive this on zoneminder (yet i'm sure i have
zoneminder configured all right for ffmpeg other rtsp because i can
successfully stream to it with the exact same test-launch command except
modified for the pi camera instead of webcam) ...
zoneminder says it can't open the source (says operation in progress) ...

are there known problems related to gst-rtsp that could explain this ?

regards,