Random hang with gstreamer-vaapi on intel haswell

veeranna tadala.veerannababu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 09:12:58 UTC 2016

This is a little outline of my current investigations:

Observed random hang issue while using gstreamer-vaapi plugins(decoder,
encoder, postproc and vaapisink) on intel haswell platform. This image was
build using krogoth version(kernel-4.4) of yocto.

Didn't observe the same when daisy version(kernel-3.10) of yocto get used on
same platform.

Did the following tests but didn't helped.

1. Tried different version of gstreamer-vaapi that didn't helped.

2. Tried all by copying all the gstreamer-vaapi libs and its depends(libva
and intel driver) from daisy to krogoth.

I am currently looking for some suggestions from your side. Please let me
know if you need more information.

Thanks In advance,
Veeranna.