GstBufferPool support in gstomxvideoenc.c

Jeegar32 jigar32e at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 12:55:47 UTC 2016

Hello guys,

As discussed earlier, I am trying to implement GstBufferPool support in
gstomxvideoenc.c just like gstomxvideodec.c

In decoder, using gst_video_decoder_get_buffer_pool() it gets pool and its
config and caps value and then it uses them to config new buffer pool
created by gst_omx_buffer_pool_new() and call gst_buffer_pool_set_active().

But for encoder, there is no such  gst_video_encoder_get_buffer_pool() in
base class. So how to go ahead here?

I have tried creating new pool using gst_buffer_pool_new() and getting its
config and caps value and using it to configure our new pool created by
gst_omx_buffer_pool_new(). But here it get fails in
gst_buffer_pool_set_active().

Whats is the correct way of doing this? Any example code will be helpful.

Regards,
Jeegar