Unable to playback with apple HLS test stream

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Dec 7 10:31:43 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-12-06 at 23:32 -0800, Jim Ohn wrote:
> Hellow all.
>
> I have a problem with GStreamer 1.11.0.1 and HLS test stream to be
> played.
> I'm using playbin and playbin3 that doesn't work with below uri. this
> is a
> advanced HLS test stream which is provided from
> Apple(https://developer.apple.com/streaming/examples/).
> I think that apple hls test streams need HLS version 6 to be played.
> please let me know that do we need to implement HLS version 6 to
> support
> below uri or not.
>
> <TS>
> gst-launch-1.0 playbin
> uri=http://tungsten.aaplimg.com/VOD/bipbop_adv_example_v2/master.m3u8

This one seems to work here when enabling debug output, otherwise it
errors out in weird ways. Seems to be a race condition somewhere (plus
maybe other bugs), but otherwise seems to be generally supported.

Please create a bug report about this.

> <fMP4>
> gst-launch-1.0 playbin
> uri=http://tungsten.aaplimg.com/VOD/bipbop_adv_fmp4_example/master.m3
> u8

MP4 via HLS probably needs generally support added, in whatever form. I
don't think this is supported at all currently.

Please create an enhancement bug report about that.