ANNOUNCE: Pitivi video editor 0.98 released

Alexandru Băluț alexandru.balut at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 17:44:51 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

Our team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of
the Pitivi 0.98 release, the eighth release for the new version of Pitivi
based
on the GStreamer Editing Services library. This is an incremental
bug-fix release. We did make an exception, though, thanks to Jakub Brindza,
our GSoC 2016 intern, and we integrated the customizable keywords feature.

Detailed release notes are on http://wiki.pitivi.org/wiki/0.98.

For this release, we depend on GStreamer, Gst-Python and GES 1.10.2.

You can install and use the latest Pitivi release right away through flatpak
<http://wiki.pitivi.org/wiki/Install_with_flatpak>.
The sources can be downloaded at https://download.gnome.org/sou
rces/pitivi/0.98/
Check out how easy it is to hack on Pitivi
<https://github.com/pitivi/pitivi/blob/master/docs/HACKING.md> without
messing your system.

Enjoy, and tell us about issues you may encounter! (#pitivi on freenode)

Thanks,
Alex Băluț