Fwd: hlssink : can 'playlist-root' be a remote server

Tarun Tej K tarun4690 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 05:51:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to stream a live video from IP camera to remote client (Like
Microsoft Edge browser) using HLS protocol.

My question is, how to make the files (seg*.ts and playlist.m3u8) get
copied to remote web server (call it *PC2*) rather than in the local
directories. Is playlist-root used for this purpose?

I have Linux machine (call it *PC1*) which runs the following command

*gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location="rtsp://<camera url>"  ! rtph264depay !
h264parse ! mpegtsmux !   hlssink  max-files=2 target-duration=2
location=/hlsdir/seg00%d.ts playlist-location=/hlsdir/playlist.m3u8
playlist-root=<web server IP address>*

When I give the 'location' and 'playlist-location' as the local directories
of the PC1, everything works fine independent of the what is given in the
playlist-root.

Point to note here is that as per my requirement I want the web server to
be different and remotely located from the my Linux machine (PC1) which is
running the above command.

But, when I give the 'location' and 'playlist-location' as per the
directories of PC2 (which is a remote web server) and  in the
'playlist-root' I give the IP address of web server, I get an error of 'No
such file or directory' as below:

*Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL
...Progress: (open) Opening StreamProgress: (connect) Connecting to
rtsp://<camer url>Progress: (open) Retrieving server optionsProgress:
(open) Retrieving media infoProgress: (request) SETUP stream 0Progress:
(request) SETUP stream 1Progress: (open) Opened StreamSetting pipeline to
PLAYING ...New clock: GstSystemClockProgress: (request) Sending PLAY
requestProgress: (request) Sending PLAY requestProgress: (request) Sent
PLAY requestERROR: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstHlsSink:hlssink0/GstMultiFileSink:multifilesink0:
Error while writing to file.Additional debug info:gstmultifilesink.c(790):
gst_multi_file_sink_write_buffer ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstHlsSink:hlssink0/GstMultiFileSink:multifilesink0:No
such file or directoryExecution ended after 0:00:00.215107823Setting
pipeline to PAUSED ...Setting pipeline to READY ...Setting pipeline to NULL
...Freeing pipeline ...*

I want to know how HLSSINK uploads the files to remote web server using the
property of 'playlist-root', does it use FTP or HTTP? I have added MIME
types of .ts and .m3u8 in the my web server configuration.
Let me know if I have to give any information.

Thanks
Tarun