tsdemux : wrong timestamping. (version 1.4.1)

ShivaKumar shivakumar.mudugal at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 06:22:20 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I am using gstreamer 1.4.1 and gst-bad package of version 1.4.1. I see that
the tsdemux is wrongly timestamping.

Lets say the tsdemux has issued new segment event with lowest_pts
0:00:00.247992185.

Initial there are some pending buffer and after pushing them its pushing the
next buffer with 0:00:00.247992185 time stamp again. This is like dragging
the time stamp scale back by number of pending buffer. Because of this I
hearing audio jerks. This is because audiobasesink has the new segment which
starts from 0:00:00.247992185, but after the pending buffers ts demux again
started times stamping from 0:00:00.247992185. So buffers are getting
dropped.

-Regards,
Shiva Kumar