Rtpbin does not recover after playthrought and requires exact launch sequence, am I missing something?

Ignas Brašiškis ignas.brasiskis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 08:15:30 UTC 2016

I have problem with rtpbin. I am sending h264 and If the receiver is not
started before sender it does not obtain video stream at all. Moreover if I
stop receiver and launch it again receiver does not see the stream.
I have same behaviour  with gstlaunch and c sender program.
Rtpbin works if I:
I start receiver pipeline. Then start sender pipeline. Other way around
produce nothing in receiver pipeline thought sender and receiver pipelines
do not crash. They are just stuck somewhere.
If I stop receiver and launch it again it does not reconect. what I should
to connect to already running sender. Do I have to handle some signals?
My usecase is RPis streaming h264 to central pc node. Problem is that
starting PC application before rpis pipelines is somewhat pain in ass in my
case. Any examples suggestion what could be done?