omx - in error state at end of video (before EOS)

Enrique Ocaña González eocanha at igalia.com
Fri Dec 9 10:45:09 UTC 2016

El jueves, 8 de diciembre de 2016 23:14:49 (CET) Stuart Axon escribió:

> I've been playing a video, just before it gets to the end it freezes and I
> get the output below. For now I haven't managed to make some minimal code
> to reproduce it yet, so just wondering it is known - similar to the OMX bug
> mentioned earier ?

We had similar "Insufficient resources" errors in our project in the past
(gst-omx, Raspberry Pi 2, omx decoder, egl buffers). Knowing how we solved it
might be useful for you.

In our particular case, the problem was that we had a custom video sink which
provided the last sample (the last egl_buffer) to the application. Our
application was holding that egl_buffer even after the pipeline wanted to
flush (eg: during seeks). Eventually, this exhausted the egl buffer pool and
led to the same error you're having. The summary: double check that that your
sink honors the flush-start event and that it doesn't hold or leak any egl
buffer after flush-starts.

Cheers.

--
Enrique Ocaña González