Stopping multiple osxaudiosink instances leads to AURemoteIO IOThread error

jml5qh jml5qh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 17:20:39 UTC 2016

I currently have two streams running from rtspsrc at the same time on an
iPad. Both streams have audio and video in them. At the end of each audio
pad, I have an osxaudiosink element. There are times where I stop both the
streams at the same time. For example, when the user goes to another page.
At this time, I set the rtspsrc pipeline to GST_STATE_NULL. However, random
this call can block for up to 30 seconds and then I see the following errors
in my console:

[aurioc] 1590: AURemoteIO at 0x10801c640: IOThread exiting with error
0x10004002
(AudioToolbox)[1038] <Notice>: 1334: AURemoteIO::Stop: error 0x10004003
calling TerminateOwnIOThread

Doing some searching around, a lot of people seem to think it has do with
calling AudioUnitGetProperty in the render callback. I don't see that
happening in the code, but I do see AudioUnitGetProperty called in the audio
ring buffer delay callback.

Another interesting thing to note is I never see the issue when only
streaming from one rtspsrc stream. It only starts happening when I stream
from two at a time.